ok. deep breath… i’m back.
So much has happened in the last few months than I don’t think it’s possible to cover it all in one post. But here’s a quick rundown:
- I married John Forsythe in Austin, Texas on April 24, 2010!!! (Believe me, there will be so much more about that!)
- We spent 16 glorious days in Negril, Jamaica for our honeymoon (and got threatened by machete-wielding locals in the mountains on an ill-advised scooter trip), including a three night stay at the RockHouse, where we would like to live out the remainder of our days.
- On the second day of our honeymoon, there was a water leak in the house we rent in San Francisco. Our landlords dried out the place, and we had minimal property damage, but the house was unlivable, and in order to make the repairs we had to move everything we own into storage, so we spent our first six weeks as newlyweds living in a hotel with a kitchenette with our dog and our cat.
- Winston (the dog) went completely blind while we were on the honeymoon, so his first 3 months of blindness was made doubly bad by living in an unfamiliar hotel or in a home filled to the brim with boxes as we trudged through the unpacking.
- Our wedding will be a Real Wedding in The Knot Texas Spring/Summer 2011 (which hits stands late Nov/early December 2010)!!! Huge thanks to Diana M. Lott, our photographer, for taking such amazing photos of our day! While you’re at it, you should also check out our wedding film trailer by Wild Orchid Studios. (It brings tears of joy to my eye every time I watch it!)
- Due to the amazing response to all of the handmade items we created for the wedding, I decided to open an Etsy shop. It took a while to get to that point with all the house stuff (we had to completely rebuild the craft room), but I did it! So visit the owl&pear shop, follow it on twitter, or check out the blog.
- I registered for Making Things Happen 2010! Lara Casey is bringing her one-day intensive to San Francisco on November 9, 2010. I’ve already met SO many interesting, brilliant, talented people through Lara & MTH2010 on twitter, and I can’t wait to meet everyone in person. If you’re going too (doesn’t have to be in SF), leave me a comment!
- John’s sister, Colleen, had her first baby: Katherine Teal Koenig!!! I was so lucky to be in San Antonio when K.T. was born, and she just turned 7 months – how time flies! This week we leave on another road trip to Texas, this time for her christening – we’re godparents!
I’m sure there’s so much more that I’m forgetting, but that’ll do for now. Glad to be back!